The Lean Thinking Academy
Part of the Lean Thinking Academy is a powerful, consolidated system that brings together a robust set of optimization tools. The Lean Thinking approach is based on applying three main method groups:
- Lean manufacturing to reduce waste
- DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control) to minimize variability in products and processes
- DFR (Design for Robustness) for innovative products and processes.
In each group there are certain elements UMBRAGROUP applies constantly with focused attention:
- Lean Manufacturing: work balancing, 5S, problem solving, value stream mapping, a pull-pull approach (instead of push-push), and the UPS (Umbra Production System)
- DMAIC: process capability, SPC, process mapping, DOE, the Cause and Effect (Fishbone) diagram, FMEA, gauge R&R.
- DFR: Quality Function Deployment (QFD), House of Quality, Triz, a new procedure for developing industrial products.
The main goals remain customer satisfaction, high-quality products, and overall company profitability.