The Umbra Production System
A cultural shift
The UPS (Umbra Production System) is a set of tools and rules that are used in everyday management of productive and administrative activities, and it represents a cultural shift towards the viewpoints of Lean Production and Six Sigma.
The UPS aims to:
- ensure OTD (On-Time Delivery) of products to our clients;
- ensure that quality targets are met;
- increase our competitiveness in the market.
The UPS has the advantage of increasing personnel involvement, promoting and improving communication in all areas of the company, from the COO to the production line.
The heart of the Umbra Production System
The pillars of the Umbra Production System are innovation, eliminating waste, and reducing variability in products and processes by applying the methods belonging to Lean Production, Six Sigma, and the Pull-Pull approach.
We apply the foundations of Lean Production and Six Sigma to all Industrial Operations areas using specific tools that enable performance to be monitored daily across the entire manufacturing process, from suppliers to shipment of the finished product. This system controls bottlenecks throughout the process.
The primary tools used in the UPS include:
- Power BI general dashboard
- daily production bottleneck monitoring
- production vs revenue
- warehouse dashboard
- 3-day pull light system
- clean & dirty and accuracy
- OPEX tools (DOE, House of Quality, 8D, 5 Whys, Ishikawa diagrams).