Ball screws for the Space sector
Together towards the most distant destinations
The experience gained over many years in the aerospace sector allows us to develop state-of-the-art technological solutions for the control of precision movement in the most hostile environments. The use of Cronidur-30 screw and ball nut raceways along with high-performance steel and ceramic hybrid architecture gives our ball screws complete reliability even in space, where extreme conditions make materials more apt to corruption reducing the components’ durability and life expectancy.
UMBRAGROUP recirculating ball screws are used in most drive systems and are the ideal solution for satellites, propulsion and spacecraft, based on:
- High dynamics and precision;
- Significant load capacity and force density;
- Superior surface hardness;
- Excellent resistance of Cronidur-30 stainless steel to corrosion;
- No need for lubrication or overhaul for the entire life span.