News & Highlights
- Umbra Cuscinetti alla ricerca di TALENTI 4.0
- The Value of Women
- The sixth edition of the “Svitati per l'Ambiente” Project
- Umbra Staff visits the Toyota Forklift Factory
- Fondazione Valter Baldaccini: Concerto di Beneficenza
- Accordo Enel Energia e Umbra Cuscinetti
- Umbra Cuscinetti receives the Eubiosia - award - ANT Foundation
- Earthquake struck
- Best supplier
- Change of leadership at the US subsidiary, Umbra Cuscinetti Inc.
- The second edition of International Business Week
- MRO Europe Aviation Week
- Euroblech 2016
- The italian 10 km Championship
- Another UMBRA challenge
- Farnborough International Airshow 2016
- The new Board of Directors
- The Business Week in Italy
- The University of Perugia in Umbra Cuscinetti
- UmbraGroup in Organi di Trasmissione
- Career Day
- UmbraGroup in Forbes
- Umbra Cuscinetti at the University of l' Aquila
- MRO Americas 2016
- Hannover Messe 2016
- Microsoft at Umbra Cuscinetti
- Umbra Cuscinetti gives charitable support to the "G. Ferraris" institute
- UmbraGroup sponsors the project of Atletica Winner
- Vote for Umbra
- The member of Parliament Anna Ascani brings
- UmbraGroup attended the conference for the launch of the new Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Microsoft Dynamics, Eos and UmbraGroup: First for AX 7
- Premio Eubiosia 2015
- Mechanical Engineering Visits Umbra Cuscinetti
- Svitati per l'Amiente
- European Business Awards: National Champions for Italy
- EMO 2015
- UmbraGroup: Inaugurated The New Facility
- Made in Italy Awards
- EMO 2015
- Agreement Umbra Cuscinetti - UTC Aerospace Systems
- UmbraGroup at Parigi-Le Bourget 2015
- Infiorata of Cannara
- Svitati per l'ambiente 2015
- Career Day
- Idropower Project
- Valter Baldaccini Foundation
- PARIS AIR SHOW 2015
- Now the Umbra is on Via Valter Baldaccini
- The play of charity
- EY - Strategic Growth Forum 2015
- Mind in Italy
- The Staff of UmbraGroup would like to wish you a Happy Easter!
- Umbra Cuscinetti rewards deserving staff
- TV 2000 hosted Antonio and Beatrice Baldaccini
- Beatrice Baldaccini at Cult Vision
- United Way of Snohomish County’s 2014 award
- Aftermarket Department Celebrates its 18th Anniversary
- Valter Baldaccini's Family Friendly Companies Award
- Academy of Fine Arts of Perugia Fablab Opening
- Chiara Lubich Award in Memory of Valter Baldaccini
- Valter Baldaccini’s family-friendly companies
- UmbraGroup wish you Greetings Seasons
- Christmas Parties in UmbraGroup
- Students from the Faculty of Engineering of Perugia visit Umbra Cuscinetti
- Inauguration of the Cannara Square dedicated to our founding father Valter Baldaccini
- A Scholarship in memory of Engineer Valter Baldaccini
- Long Term Contract between The Boeing Company and Umbra Cuscinetti S.p.A.
- Suppliers Meeting 2014
- St. Martin's Day in Umbra
- SPS IPC Drives
- Opening of the Welcoming House in Kosovo
- Umbra Cuscinetti: now the onions of Cannara have wings!
- During the summer break, Umbra does not stop...
- Research and development
- Antonio Baldaccini as the Chief Executive Officer of UmbraGroup
- Commemoration of Valter BALDACCINI
- UmbraGroup at ap&m Expo, London May 2014, 6-8
- The inauguration of the section IN-BOOK at the children's library in Foligno
- Energy Ocean 2014
- SIMITOS 2014 KOREA
- Improvement on ballscrew design
- Oso Mudslide in County, Washington
- Family Friendly Company Award
- Boing and Umbra togeter again for the third edition of Crazy for the environment
- Eubiosia ANT Award
- Corporate social responsibility & shared value
- UmbraGroup at the International CAE Conference
- University of Washington Science & Engineering Career Fair 2013
- Grand Opening Umbra Cuscinetti Inc.
- EMO 2013
- RETECH 2013
- Paris Air Show Le Bourget
- CIMT 2013
- Farnborough 2012
- CIMES 2012
Commemoration of Valter BALDACCINI
Umbra Cuscinetti S.p.A. announces the loss of its founder and CEO Valter Baldaccini to the city of Foligno, the national and international community. He was a visionary and entrepreneur, solid pillar of the company, but first and foremost a man of great Christian values.
All employees are deeply saddened by his passing.
A man of deep faith, as well as forward-thinking entrepreneur, Valter Baldaccini led Umbra Cuscinetti, a company recognized for excellence worldwide.
A charismatic leader with outstanding communication skills, he embodied professionalism and dedication to work and the importance of Teamwork, Ethics and Christian Values such as humility, respect for others. These are the driving force of the Umbra family.
A man of profound compassion and humanity. He believed in the importance of solidarity, and promoted support and practical help towards the poorest and most needy. He has always pursued cooperation and dialogue in helping others.
Valter Baldaccini fought his illness with great courage and dignity. Being a true family man, he shared moments of joy and difficulties. About a year ago, as CEO, he informed all employees about his health condition. In recent months, his clinical condition worsened until May 4, the day he passed away at the age of 68 years.
The funeral will be held in the city of Cannara, in the sports stadium on Thursday, May 8th, at 15.00.
Valter Baldaccini was an enlightened person, who spread his values, which will live on in the hearts and actions of all those who knew him, inside and outside of Umbra Cuscinetti. He will remain it’s soul.
The commitment expressed by his family, the shareholders, the management and all employees is to keep the teachings of its founder alive. He always believed in Respect for the Individual, Generosity and the Value of Family.
Biography of Valter Baldaccini
VALTER BALDACCINI was born on 28/11/1945 in Cannara, Italy. He was married for more than 40 years to Mariangela. Together they had 3 children (Antonio, Leonardo and Beatrice).
In the 70’s, newly hired, at the age of 27, he was appointed director of production of Areonautica Umbra in Foligno. He lead and managed a staff of 150 people.
At the time Umbra Cuscinetti had only one customer, FAG Kugelfischer and was producing one product, ball bearings.
As Plant Manager of Umbra Cuscinetti he introduced the production of ballscrews for aerospace application. He led the transfer of know-how from Ratier (France) to Umbra. This strategic move enhanced sales and expanded Umbra’s customer base.
In 1988 he was appointed General Manager of the FAG plant in Summa Vesuviana (NA) which at that time had about 400 employees. In 1993 he became Managing Director of UmbraGroup.
He spearheaded the Management Buy-out and together with other investors bought 100% of the Umbra Cuscinetti S.p.A. shares. Over the years Umbra has acquired three companies: Kuhn GmbH(Germany), Northwest Gear, known today Umbra Cuscinetti Inc. (USA), and Präzisionskugeln Eltmann (Germany).
Over the last 20 years, under his leadership, the Group has increased its revenue from 13 million euro to 150 million euro and its workforce from 270 to about 900 employees, including 700 in the plant in Foligno.
In June 2012 Umbra opened a Research Center in Albanella, in the province of Salerno.
The center is increasing Umbra’s expertise in Research & Development.